8. Save the job options for future use and give it a name.
9. Now return to the QuarkXPress session where your document
10. Before invoking the print command, if you haven't
told Quark where to find the Distiller PPD (PostScript®
Printer Definition file) then do so now. The PPD contains
all the information Distiller®
needs to output the job. click Utilities > PPD Manager.
In the following dialog, if it is not listed, then click
the "Browse" button to locate it. Navigate to
the folder that contains the PPD. When Acrobat is installed
on a Windows® system, it gets
placed in the \Windows\System folder. Highlight the PPD
file and click "Open". In Mac®
OS systems it may be located in the System Folder:Extensions:Printer
Descriptions folder or the Adobe Acrobat 3.0:Xtras folder
or the Adobe Acrobat 4.0:Xtras folder - depending on which
version you have.
11. Next click File > Print. There will be a
dialog with six tabs. In the "Printer" tab choose
"Acrobat® Distiller To
FILE" (or whatever the name of the Distiller printer
driver is on your system).
12. In the "Setup" tab, choose the Acrobat Distiller
PPD (setup in a previous step) from the "Printer
Description" pulldown. This is an important step.
Make sure the paper size is set for "Letter"
and the orientation is "Portrait".