7. Save the job options for future use and give it
8. Now return to the Canvas 6 session where your document
9. Click File > Print. You will see the Acrobat®
Distiller® driver listed next
to the "Printer" label in the upper left corner
which was setup in an earlier
step. Because we used GIF images instead of RGB
EPS files, we need to output the file using the RGB
color space (more
on this here). If we were to use the CMYK color
space and run it through Distiller the images would
get "washed out". Also in this dialog I checked
"Print to File". This may be just a fine point
with Distiller. You can also send the output directly
to Distiller without first creating a PostScript®
file. However, Adobe® recommends
sending the output to file then distilling it for slightly
better results. Click "OK" when done.
10. Canvas will display a status window while it is
preparing the output.
11. At this point it will prompt you for a filename
and location for the PostScript file. Give it a name
and click "OK".
12. At this point you can drag and drop the PRN file
onto the Distiller icon. Even if you exited Distiller,
the job options that were active when the program was
shut down will be in effect when the PDF file is generated.
Download The PDF Made From This Tutorial
1. First download and install the free Adobe
2. If you wish to view the PDF file
only, simply click on the link below 3. To download in Windows®:
Place mouse pointer on the link, then right
click the mouse.
For Internet Explorer®:
"Save Target As..." For Netscape®:
"Save Link as..." then
save it to disk
4. To download in Mac®:
Hold the mouse button down for a second or
Control + Click and a pop up window will appear.
For Internet Explorer: "Download Link
to Disk" For Netscape: "Save this Link as..." then save it to disk.