You can create a masked bitmap in Macromedia FreeHand
8 by importing a bitmap then using the pen to make the
mask. This tutorial outlines the steps to export the
masked bitmap as a PDF file.
1. Launch FreeHand 8 and File > Import command
to embed or link a bitmap image, then create the mask
with the pen. This is what the image looks like with
2. Click View > Keyline to view the mask:
3. Click File > Output Options, then uncheck
"Convert RGB to process" since this example
is an RGB image. Select a flatness of 3 so the mask
will conform closely to the curves.
4. Click File > Print. In the print dialog
select the Distiller® Assistant
printer driver, then click the "Setup" button.
5. In the Separations tab select "Composite".
6. The output options (in step 3 above) are also available
on the Imaging tab. Click "OK", to return
to the print dialog, then click "OK" to print.
7. Distiller prompts you for a filename. Enter a filename
or accept the default, then click "Save".
Click Here To Continue...