a Masked Bitmap From Adobe® Illustrator®
7 / 8
You can encounter a masked bitmap in Adobe Illustrator
either by opening an EPS file with an embedded clipping
path or by linking or embedding a bitmap with the File
> Place command and creating the mask with the
pen. This tutorial outlines the steps to export the
masked bitmap as a PDF file.
1. Launch Adobe Illustrator and either import an EPS
file with the embedded clipping path or use the File
> Place command to embed or link a bitmap image,
then create the mask with the pen. This is what the
image looks like with nothing selected:
2. Using the Selection Tool, drag a marquee around the
image to reveal the mask and bitmap objects. This step
is not necessary to output the PDF. It's more of a habit
to check for the existence of a mask prior to output.
3. Click File > Print. Choose the Distiller®
Assistant printer driver then click "OK".
4. A printing status window will appear.
5. Distiller prompts you for a filename. Enter a filename
or accept the default, then click "Save".